An up-and-coming emcee and buzzmaking artist from the increasingly hailed city of Sacramento, C-Plus (who The DJBooth connoisseurs will recognize from his last release Callin’ Me), has joined forced with the consummately versatile producer Lee Bannon to create a brand new collaborative EP. The inaugural leak off the DJBooth-sponsored street release, In My Groove finds Bannon slicing and dicing a plaintive soul sample guaranteed to set many a head to nodding as his mic-rocking colleague delivers aggressive verses. How aggressive? Try on “Fast money and jewelry is what we dying for / wakin up in cold sweats to dreams of dyin’ poor” for size. For more, check out C Plus and Bannon’s Young Champions EP when it hits our mixtape page March 6. In addition, Lee Bannon’s latest solo project, the Fantastic Plastic EP, is scheduled for release February 28, and readers can hear more from C-Plus on Ski Beatz’ Twilight LP, dropping February 14. With a work ethic like that it won’t be long until we hear even more new dopeness from the duo. Until then, enjoy….
Written by richard on 02/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Game Changer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.