Are you one of the obsessive haters who follows C Plus around the ‘net, trashing every single record he releases? Well, the Sacramento buzzmaker has two words for you: Thank You. As a matter of fact, he’s so grateful for your attention that he’s made his latest single a Celebration of all that you’ve helped him achieve. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, this mixtape inclusion finds beatsmith Hippie Sabotage and Chase Moore serving up a head-noddable, sampled instrumental as the Turn the City Out emcee needles the competition: “How you gonna challenge us, when you tryin’a take a bunch of squares to the top like you buttonin’ a flannel up?” In between tongue-in-cheek barbs, the rhymesayer finds time to share some earnest gripes with today’s game (“This culture used to be about some other sh*t / Before we started abusin all them substances.”) and cop to his crush on a certain teen-pop songstress (“Dear Billy Ray Cyrus, your daughter’s fine…”). Feeling this self-assured selection? You can thank C Plus right back in the comment/rating section below, as well as staying tuned for all the latest on his yet-unscheduled L.O.C.A.L. LP.
Written by richard on 01/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Game Changer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.