On single numero uno off his next mixtape, C Plus got Deep, spitting introspective bars about the complexity that success tends to add to one’s life. At first blush, the Sac-Town emcee’s follow-up might seem superficial by comparison, but there’s more to Girls on Drugs than meets the eye. What begins as a simple ode to fast-living women, backed by Hippie Sabotage‘s hazy, keyboard-led production, takes a psychologically illuminating turn when the rhymesayer implies that his V.I.P. -room stunting can be traced back to his fear of commitment. He’s quick to clarify, however, that there’s no shame in his game: “Don’t get it twisted, I ain’t tryin’a find love / But if I was I ain’t gonna find it in the club / I’d rather play the roped-off area, rollin bud / I’m to the face wit it, I hold it like a grudge.” L.O.C.A.L. (Loyalty Over Cash and Luxury) is set to hit iTunes next Tuesday, the 11th, but Booth readers will get an early listen on Monday, when we roll out our free, exclusive stream of the set.
Written by richard on 06/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Game Changer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.