As many emcees have observed over the years, the added complexities success brings into your life are liable to make you nostalgic for simpler times. Now that he’s gotten his first taste of the spotlight, Sac-Town rhymesayer C-Plus has come to agree with their assessment. “Sh*t gets Deep,” he warns us on a new single off his forthcoming sophomore set. Beatsmith REL‘s airy keyboard loops swirl in the back as the artist describes the stress, paranoia, and lost sleep he’s experienced as a result of his overtime grind. Despite it all, though, he remains as confident in his skills and dedicated to the hustle as ever. For Deep and many more fresh cuts, check out C-Plus’ L.O.C.A.L. (Loyalty Over Cash And Luxury) LP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, June 11.
Written by richard on 05/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Game Changer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.