As many emcees have observed over the years, the added complexities success brings into your life are liable to make you nostalgic for simpler times. Now that he’s gotten his first taste of the spotlight, Sac-Town rhymesayer C-Plus has come to agree with their assessment. “Sh*t gets Deep,” he warns us on a new single off his forthcoming sophomore set. Beatsmith REL‘s airy keyboard loops swirl in the back as the artist describes the stress, paranoia, and lost sleep he’s experienced as a result of his overtime grind. Despite it all, though, he remains as confident in his skills and dedicated to the hustle as ever. For Deep and many more fresh cuts, check out C-Plus’ L.O.C.A.L. (Loyalty Over Cash And Luxury) LP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, June 11.
Written by richard on 05/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Game Changer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.