On 2009’s Exhibit C, Jay Elec put these words in the mouth of a group of wise Five Percenters: “You either Build or Destroy.” As C-Plus‘s musical output attests, he’s chosen option B. Inspired by that quote, the latest single off the Sacramento spitter’s forthcoming collaborative set with Ski Beatz chronicles his struggle to create a career in the game. To back his passionate bars, Ski crafts a brooding instrumental driven by synthesized vocal harmonies. Takeshi Fukinaga‘s artful visuals round out the package. Recorded over the last two years at Ski’s studio in Yonkers, Late to the Party is scheduled for release in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Game Changer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.