On 2009’s Exhibit C, Jay Elec put these words in the mouth of a group of wise Five Percenters: “You either Build or Destroy.” As C-Plus‘s musical output attests, he’s chosen option B. Inspired by that quote, the latest single off the Sacramento spitter’s forthcoming collaborative set with Ski Beatz chronicles his struggle to create a career in the game. To back his passionate bars, Ski crafts a brooding instrumental driven by synthesized vocal harmonies. Takeshi Fukinaga‘s artful visuals round out the package. Recorded over the last two years at Ski’s studio in Yonkers, Late to the Party is scheduled for release in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Game Changer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.