On 2009’s Exhibit C, Jay Elec put these words in the mouth of a group of wise Five Percenters: “You either Build or Destroy.” As C-Plus‘s musical output attests, he’s chosen option B. Inspired by that quote, the latest single off the Sacramento spitter’s forthcoming collaborative set with Ski Beatz chronicles his struggle to create a career in the game. To back his passionate bars, Ski crafts a brooding instrumental driven by synthesized vocal harmonies. Takeshi Fukinaga‘s artful visuals round out the package. Recorded over the last two years at Ski’s studio in Yonkers, Late to the Party is scheduled for release in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Game Changer" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)