On 2009’s Exhibit C, Jay Elec put these words in the mouth of a group of wise Five Percenters: “You either Build or Destroy.” As C-Plus‘s musical output attests, he’s chosen option B. Inspired by that quote, the latest single off the Sacramento spitter’s forthcoming collaborative set with Ski Beatz chronicles his struggle to create a career in the game. To back his passionate bars, Ski crafts a brooding instrumental driven by synthesized vocal harmonies. Takeshi Fukinaga‘s artful visuals round out the package. Recorded over the last two years at Ski’s studio in Yonkers, Late to the Party is scheduled for release in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Game Changer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.