On 2009’s Exhibit C, Jay Elec put these words in the mouth of a group of wise Five Percenters: “You either Build or Destroy.” As C-Plus‘s musical output attests, he’s chosen option B. Inspired by that quote, the latest single off the Sacramento spitter’s forthcoming collaborative set with Ski Beatz chronicles his struggle to create a career in the game. To back his passionate bars, Ski crafts a brooding instrumental driven by synthesized vocal harmonies. Takeshi Fukinaga‘s artful visuals round out the package. Recorded over the last two years at Ski’s studio in Yonkers, Late to the Party is scheduled for release in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Game Changer" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.