With the Travyon Martin verdict, as well as the countless examples of police Brutality that go unaddressed every day, some of us have had enough; C-Note sure has. On this DJBooth premiere, the Bay Area beatsmith has taken to the boards to vent his frustration and, hopefully, spark a change to an ever-growing problem. Weaving a few apt samples into his intricate, enigmatic boardwork, C-Note makes a pointed political statement with the record’s powerful foundation. He isn’t alone, either; helping to hammer home the point, J. Nolan, Co$$ and Mistah FAB grab the mic to share their insights into the record’s subject matter. Brutality is the first song release off C-Note’s upcoming project, Vol. 2, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/5/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.