With the Travyon Martin verdict, as well as the countless examples of police Brutality that go unaddressed every day, some of us have had enough; C-Note sure has. On this DJBooth premiere, the Bay Area beatsmith has taken to the boards to vent his frustration and, hopefully, spark a change to an ever-growing problem. Weaving a few apt samples into his intricate, enigmatic boardwork, C-Note makes a pointed political statement with the record’s powerful foundation. He isn’t alone, either; helping to hammer home the point, J. Nolan, Co$$ and Mistah FAB grab the mic to share their insights into the record’s subject matter. Brutality is the first song release off C-Note’s upcoming project, Vol. 2, which has yet to receive a drop date.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.