With the Travyon Martin verdict, as well as the countless examples of police Brutality that go unaddressed every day, some of us have had enough; C-Note sure has. On this DJBooth premiere, the Bay Area beatsmith has taken to the boards to vent his frustration and, hopefully, spark a change to an ever-growing problem. Weaving a few apt samples into his intricate, enigmatic boardwork, C-Note makes a pointed political statement with the record’s powerful foundation. He isn’t alone, either; helping to hammer home the point, J. Nolan, Co$$ and Mistah FAB grab the mic to share their insights into the record’s subject matter. Brutality is the first song release off C-Note’s upcoming project, Vol. 2, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/5/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.