With the Travyon Martin verdict, as well as the countless examples of police Brutality that go unaddressed every day, some of us have had enough; C-Note sure has. On this DJBooth premiere, the Bay Area beatsmith has taken to the boards to vent his frustration and, hopefully, spark a change to an ever-growing problem. Weaving a few apt samples into his intricate, enigmatic boardwork, C-Note makes a pointed political statement with the record’s powerful foundation. He isn’t alone, either; helping to hammer home the point, J. Nolan, Co$$ and Mistah FAB grab the mic to share their insights into the record’s subject matter. Brutality is the first song release off C-Note’s upcoming project, Vol. 2, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/5/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.