On his last feature, Life I Live, C-Murder painted a bleak portrait of his day-to-day existence in Louisiana’s Angola Prison, where he is serving a life sentence for second-degree murder. Despite the present darkness, however, the veteran rapper holds out hope for a brighter Tomorrow, as he explains on the second single and title track off his forthcoming full-length. Over producer T-Rhythm‘s somber, acoustic guitar-driven instrumental, C-Murder balances gritty realism with glass-half-full positivity (“How many n*ggas you know that go to jail and still get a record deal?”), concluding that even “...if tomorrow never comes, at least a n*gga tried.” Topped off with the mournful chorus vocals of singer B Steezy, the track should be a hit with C-Murder’s devotees, as well as new fans who appreciated the hard-bitten honesty he brought to his last feature. If you’re digging it, you’ll be able to pick up a copy of Tomorrow (the album) on June 15, when it hits record stores and online retailers via 48 Tracks Entertainment/Tru Records .
Listen to More: C-Murder
Written by richard on 05/23/10
Submit your Rating
48 Tracks Entertainment/Tru Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Posted On The Block" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.