C-Murder has always lived a more controversial life than even your average rapper…except maybe Eminem. Now, more than ever, the Down South emcee is under fire and has decided to respond musically. Releasing one of his first records since beginning a life sentence for murder in Louisiana’s Angola Prison, C-Murder gives us Life I Live: an introspective piece produced by T-Rhythm. Featuring a heart-swelling chorus, Life I Live is a song about desperation and inspiration, where C-Murder speaks about his ability to overcome his past woes and lead a better life. The excerpts of his court house recordings are key, and they give the track an innate sense of reality that only someone with a past like C-Murder’s can convey. While not exactly a lyrical miracle, Murder uses Life I Live to eloquently create one of his best songs to date. If you’re feeling this like I am, then be sure to cop his album Tomorrow, which will be out in June.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/28/10
Submit your Rating
48 Tracks Entertainment/Tru Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Posted On The Block" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.