C-Murder has always lived a more controversial life than even your average rapper…except maybe Eminem. Now, more than ever, the Down South emcee is under fire and has decided to respond musically. Releasing one of his first records since beginning a life sentence for murder in Louisiana’s Angola Prison, C-Murder gives us Life I Live: an introspective piece produced by T-Rhythm. Featuring a heart-swelling chorus, Life I Live is a song about desperation and inspiration, where C-Murder speaks about his ability to overcome his past woes and lead a better life. The excerpts of his court house recordings are key, and they give the track an innate sense of reality that only someone with a past like C-Murder’s can convey. While not exactly a lyrical miracle, Murder uses Life I Live to eloquently create one of his best songs to date. If you’re feeling this like I am, then be sure to cop his album Tomorrow, which will be out in June.
Listen to More: C-Murder
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/28/10
48 Tracks Entertainment/Tru Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Posted On The Block" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.