C-Murder has always lived a more controversial life than even your average rapper…except maybe Eminem. Now, more than ever, the Down South emcee is under fire and has decided to respond musically. Releasing one of his first records since beginning a life sentence for murder in Louisiana’s Angola Prison, C-Murder gives us Life I Live: an introspective piece produced by T-Rhythm. Featuring a heart-swelling chorus, Life I Live is a song about desperation and inspiration, where C-Murder speaks about his ability to overcome his past woes and lead a better life. The excerpts of his court house recordings are key, and they give the track an innate sense of reality that only someone with a past like C-Murder’s can convey. While not exactly a lyrical miracle, Murder uses Life I Live to eloquently create one of his best songs to date. If you’re feeling this like I am, then be sure to cop his album Tomorrow, which will be out in June.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/28/10
Submit your Rating
48 Tracks Entertainment/Tru Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Posted On The Block" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.