C-Murder has always lived a more controversial life than even your average rapper…except maybe Eminem. Now, more than ever, the Down South emcee is under fire and has decided to respond musically. Releasing one of his first records since beginning a life sentence for murder in Louisiana’s Angola Prison, C-Murder gives us Life I Live: an introspective piece produced by T-Rhythm. Featuring a heart-swelling chorus, Life I Live is a song about desperation and inspiration, where C-Murder speaks about his ability to overcome his past woes and lead a better life. The excerpts of his court house recordings are key, and they give the track an innate sense of reality that only someone with a past like C-Murder’s can convey. While not exactly a lyrical miracle, Murder uses Life I Live to eloquently create one of his best songs to date. If you’re feeling this like I am, then be sure to cop his album Tomorrow, which will be out in June.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/28/10
Submit your Rating
48 Tracks Entertainment/Tru Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Posted On The Block" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.