Whether or not he was guilty of the ‘01 murder for which he served two years of jail time (before receiving a retrial), C-Murder is not someone you want to mess with. His ice-cold growl is enough to intimidate anyone, and he dwarfs most men at a towering 6’4. Now in the process of untangling his legal mess, the New Orleans rapper is back to living the dream as a free man (for the time being, at least). Be Fresh, a single off his upcoming album, Screamin’ 4 Vengeance (out July 1), is all about looking the part. Aided by II Deep Muzik’s club-ready production and singer Detroit on the hook, the track is a hard-hitting banger. Let’s just hope that C-Murder, who only recently re-adopted his original stage name after temporarily going by the gentler-sounding “C. Miller,” can stay out of trouble.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/1/08
Submit your Rating
48 Tracks Entertainment/Tru Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Posted On The Block" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.