I know what you’re thinking: didn’t House of Pain basically close the book on jumping-themed rap records way back in 1992? Perhaps, but let’s not be too hasty: they were just jumping around while, as you’ll see, Chi-town duo B.X.C. are more the type to Jump on you and pound you into the ground, like a hip-hop version of the Super Mario Bros. Over beatsmith Lexx’ understated bass, thematically-appropriate sound effects (i.e. screams) and 6/8 (!) percussion rhythm, freestyle series alumni Lyriq and Commando showcase their mic skills, lacing the beat with triplet-heavy lyrical fire “Comin’ to regulate, I will not hesitate to let you know you are hella fake, battle me, strategy, conquer and separate…” The result hits so hard I wouldn’t be surprised if it left a smoking crater on our front page (let’s hope not, though – that sh*t’s expensive to repair). If this high-impact cut leaves you craving more, we’ve got you covered - sponsored by DJBooth.net, the duo’s @BXCMusic street album is set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download on the 23rd.
Written by richard on 12/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.