I know what you’re thinking: didn’t House of Pain basically close the book on jumping-themed rap records way back in 1992? Perhaps, but let’s not be too hasty: they were just jumping around while, as you’ll see, Chi-town duo B.X.C. are more the type to Jump on you and pound you into the ground, like a hip-hop version of the Super Mario Bros. Over beatsmith Lexx’ understated bass, thematically-appropriate sound effects (i.e. screams) and 6/8 (!) percussion rhythm, freestyle series alumni Lyriq and Commando showcase their mic skills, lacing the beat with triplet-heavy lyrical fire “Comin’ to regulate, I will not hesitate to let you know you are hella fake, battle me, strategy, conquer and separate…” The result hits so hard I wouldn’t be surprised if it left a smoking crater on our front page (let’s hope not, though – that sh*t’s expensive to repair). If this high-impact cut leaves you craving more, we’ve got you covered - sponsored by DJBooth.net, the duo’s @BXCMusic street album is set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download on the 23rd.
Written by richard on 12/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.