I know what you’re thinking: didn’t House of Pain basically close the book on jumping-themed rap records way back in 1992? Perhaps, but let’s not be too hasty: they were just jumping around while, as you’ll see, Chi-town duo B.X.C. are more the type to Jump on you and pound you into the ground, like a hip-hop version of the Super Mario Bros. Over beatsmith Lexx’ understated bass, thematically-appropriate sound effects (i.e. screams) and 6/8 (!) percussion rhythm, freestyle series alumni Lyriq and Commando showcase their mic skills, lacing the beat with triplet-heavy lyrical fire “Comin’ to regulate, I will not hesitate to let you know you are hella fake, battle me, strategy, conquer and separate…” The result hits so hard I wouldn’t be surprised if it left a smoking crater on our front page (let’s hope not, though – that sh*t’s expensive to repair). If this high-impact cut leaves you craving more, we’ve got you covered - sponsored by DJBooth.net, the duo’s @BXCMusic street album is set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download on the 23rd.
Written by richard on 12/2/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.