After over a year on Disturbing tha Peace and three appearances in the Booth (In Love Wit The Music, DJ Pharris’ Head Noddin’, and Computer Love ‘08), the Chicago-area duo formerly known as Block Xchange are finally ready to make their presence known on the mainstream hip-hop circuit. Having changed their name to the abbreviation B.X.C for legal reasons, they’ve earned a spot on collabo mixtape The Stimulus Package, presented by Chi-Town’s DJ Moondawg and Mr. Gangsta Grillz himself, DJ Drama. Styling themselves a pair of Loose Cannons, Lyriq and Commando let loose with all their lyrical ammunition on this newly-released cut. Their boss, Ludacris, helps out on the hook, and Omen and Igloo top things off with a hard-rocking electric-guitar beat. If you’re impressed by these two young Chicagoans’ wordplay, you can expect plenty more when they drop their debut album, Young and Restless, this September (Loose Cannon will be included on the LP as well as on the aforementioned mixtape.)
Written by Burmy on 03/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.