After over a year on Disturbing tha Peace and three appearances in the Booth (In Love Wit The Music, DJ Pharris’ Head Noddin’, and Computer Love ‘08), the Chicago-area duo formerly known as Block Xchange are finally ready to make their presence known on the mainstream hip-hop circuit. Having changed their name to the abbreviation B.X.C for legal reasons, they’ve earned a spot on collabo mixtape The Stimulus Package, presented by Chi-Town’s DJ Moondawg and Mr. Gangsta Grillz himself, DJ Drama. Styling themselves a pair of Loose Cannons, Lyriq and Commando let loose with all their lyrical ammunition on this newly-released cut. Their boss, Ludacris, helps out on the hook, and Omen and Igloo top things off with a hard-rocking electric-guitar beat. If you’re impressed by these two young Chicagoans’ wordplay, you can expect plenty more when they drop their debut album, Young and Restless, this September (Loose Cannon will be included on the LP as well as on the aforementioned mixtape.)
Written by Burmy on 03/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.