“You been watching the news lately, dog? Man, it’s getting’ crazy out here.” There’s no doubt about it—the times, they’re a-changing. But what does it all mean? Enter Chi-town duo B.X.C., who connect the dots for our listening pleasure on new single 2012 . A Booth-exclusive world premiere, this cut finds freestyle series alumni Lyriq and Commando lacing J.U.S.T.I.C.E League‘s eerie synth-string instrumental with their reflections on modern society and their predictions on what may lie ahead. Though the content of their musings runs the gamut from the urgent (“All we know is violence,‘cause every house is like a group home.”), to the sensible (“You can’t learn real sh*t if you don’t read.”), to the highly dubious (“N*gga, we all seen that Mayan calendar…”), the duo’s flow and delivery are, as usual, uniformly dope. This record is set to appear on B.X.C.‘s U*NI*VERS*AL mixtape, due out in December.
Written by richard on 11/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.