“You been watching the news lately, dog? Man, it’s getting’ crazy out here.” There’s no doubt about it—the times, they’re a-changing. But what does it all mean? Enter Chi-town duo B.X.C., who connect the dots for our listening pleasure on new single 2012 . A Booth-exclusive world premiere, this cut finds freestyle series alumni Lyriq and Commando lacing J.U.S.T.I.C.E League‘s eerie synth-string instrumental with their reflections on modern society and their predictions on what may lie ahead. Though the content of their musings runs the gamut from the urgent (“All we know is violence,‘cause every house is like a group home.”), to the sensible (“You can’t learn real sh*t if you don’t read.”), to the highly dubious (“N*gga, we all seen that Mayan calendar…”), the duo’s flow and delivery are, as usual, uniformly dope. This record is set to appear on B.X.C.‘s U*NI*VERS*AL mixtape, due out in December.
Written by richard on 11/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.