“You been watching the news lately, dog? Man, it’s getting’ crazy out here.” There’s no doubt about it—the times, they’re a-changing. But what does it all mean? Enter Chi-town duo B.X.C., who connect the dots for our listening pleasure on new single 2012 . A Booth-exclusive world premiere, this cut finds freestyle series alumni Lyriq and Commando lacing J.U.S.T.I.C.E League‘s eerie synth-string instrumental with their reflections on modern society and their predictions on what may lie ahead. Though the content of their musings runs the gamut from the urgent (“All we know is violence,‘cause every house is like a group home.”), to the sensible (“You can’t learn real sh*t if you don’t read.”), to the highly dubious (“N*gga, we all seen that Mayan calendar…”), the duo’s flow and delivery are, as usual, uniformly dope. This record is set to appear on B.X.C.‘s U*NI*VERS*AL mixtape, due out in December.
Written by richard on 11/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.