“You been watching the news lately, dog? Man, it’s getting’ crazy out here.” There’s no doubt about it—the times, they’re a-changing. But what does it all mean? Enter Chi-town duo B.X.C., who connect the dots for our listening pleasure on new single 2012 . A Booth-exclusive world premiere, this cut finds freestyle series alumni Lyriq and Commando lacing J.U.S.T.I.C.E League‘s eerie synth-string instrumental with their reflections on modern society and their predictions on what may lie ahead. Though the content of their musings runs the gamut from the urgent (“All we know is violence,‘cause every house is like a group home.”), to the sensible (“You can’t learn real sh*t if you don’t read.”), to the highly dubious (“N*gga, we all seen that Mayan calendar…”), the duo’s flow and delivery are, as usual, uniformly dope. This record is set to appear on B.X.C.‘s U*NI*VERS*AL mixtape, due out in December.
Written by richard on 11/16/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.