“You been watching the news lately, dog? Man, it’s getting’ crazy out here.” There’s no doubt about it—the times, they’re a-changing. But what does it all mean? Enter Chi-town duo B.X.C., who connect the dots for our listening pleasure on new single 2012 . A Booth-exclusive world premiere, this cut finds freestyle series alumni Lyriq and Commando lacing J.U.S.T.I.C.E League‘s eerie synth-string instrumental with their reflections on modern society and their predictions on what may lie ahead. Though the content of their musings runs the gamut from the urgent (“All we know is violence,‘cause every house is like a group home.”), to the sensible (“You can’t learn real sh*t if you don’t read.”), to the highly dubious (“N*gga, we all seen that Mayan calendar…”), the duo’s flow and delivery are, as usual, uniformly dope. This record is set to appear on B.X.C.‘s U*NI*VERS*AL mixtape, due out in December.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Love Wit The Music ft. Twista" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.