“Don’t be evil,” certainly has a nice ring to it, but Google is no longer the scrappy, idealistic startup it was back in 1998. With its current stature, and its knack for expanding operations to fill every conceivable gap in the market (often leaving heavyweight competition in the dust), a more accurate slogan might be: “Why Stop Now? I can have everything!” They’ve even got the perfect spokesperson in Busta Rhymes, who celebrates yesterday’s launch of iTunes challenger Google Music with the release of his latest single. The Jugganauts’ Sak Pase produces, crafting a minimal, percussion-driven groove which Busta proceeds to lace with characteristically dizzying rhymes about his unstoppable drive to stack that paper. In between the veteran emcee’s acquisitive verses, R&B megastar Chris Brown steps up to the mic for a chanted chorus (no singing or flowed bars from Breezy, unfortunately). Think Bus-A-Bus and the search engine giant are a match made in heaven? Then I’ve got good news: while the rapper’s ninth LP, E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event) 2: End of the World, has yet to receive a drop date, it has been confirmed the project will be available for purchase via—you guessed it—Google Music.
Written by richard on 11/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.