When you have a record burning up the charts, the question inevitably arises: Why Stop Now? Seizing the opportunity to make his latest single a smash twice over, Busta Rhymes returns to our pages with the joint’s official remix. For this version of the Billboard (and Booth) charting banger, Bus-A-Bus enlists two heavyweight guests to complement original hookman Chris Breezy. After a fresh opening verse form the headliner, Missy Elliot grabs the mic to lace Sak Pase‘s handclap-driven beat with some characteristically off-the-wall wordplay: “I slay these crows / Got more lines than cornrows.” Rhymes’ Young Money boss, Weezy, ends the remix on a high note, incorporating shout-outs to Ace Hood and Tyler the Creator (“I’m thuggin’, bumpin’ Golf Wang.”) into his unhinged closing 16. With Tunechi and Misdemeanor contributing standout bars, even those who weren’t feeling the record this first time ‘round will have to acknowledge the remix’s appeal - or do I have it twisted? In any case, fans will be able to find the album version of Why Stop Now and much more on Busta’s YMCMB debut, E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event) 2: End of the World, due to drop later this year!
Written by richard on 02/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.