When you have a record burning up the charts, the question inevitably arises: Why Stop Now? Seizing the opportunity to make his latest single a smash twice over, Busta Rhymes returns to our pages with the joint’s official remix. For this version of the Billboard (and Booth) charting banger, Bus-A-Bus enlists two heavyweight guests to complement original hookman Chris Breezy. After a fresh opening verse form the headliner, Missy Elliot grabs the mic to lace Sak Pase‘s handclap-driven beat with some characteristically off-the-wall wordplay: “I slay these crows / Got more lines than cornrows.” Rhymes’ Young Money boss, Weezy, ends the remix on a high note, incorporating shout-outs to Ace Hood and Tyler the Creator (“I’m thuggin’, bumpin’ Golf Wang.”) into his unhinged closing 16. With Tunechi and Misdemeanor contributing standout bars, even those who weren’t feeling the record this first time ‘round will have to acknowledge the remix’s appeal - or do I have it twisted? In any case, fans will be able to find the album version of Why Stop Now and much more on Busta’s YMCMB debut, E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event) 2: End of the World, due to drop later this year!
Written by richard on 02/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.