When you have a record burning up the charts, the question inevitably arises: Why Stop Now? Seizing the opportunity to make his latest single a smash twice over, Busta Rhymes returns to our pages with the joint’s official remix. For this version of the Billboard (and Booth) charting banger, Bus-A-Bus enlists two heavyweight guests to complement original hookman Chris Breezy. After a fresh opening verse form the headliner, Missy Elliot grabs the mic to lace Sak Pase‘s handclap-driven beat with some characteristically off-the-wall wordplay: “I slay these crows / Got more lines than cornrows.” Rhymes’ Young Money boss, Weezy, ends the remix on a high note, incorporating shout-outs to Ace Hood and Tyler the Creator (“I’m thuggin’, bumpin’ Golf Wang.”) into his unhinged closing 16. With Tunechi and Misdemeanor contributing standout bars, even those who weren’t feeling the record this first time ‘round will have to acknowledge the remix’s appeal - or do I have it twisted? In any case, fans will be able to find the album version of Why Stop Now and much more on Busta’s YMCMB debut, E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event) 2: End of the World, due to drop later this year!
Written by richard on 02/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.