When you have a record burning up the charts, the question inevitably arises: Why Stop Now? Seizing the opportunity to make his latest single a smash twice over, Busta Rhymes returns to our pages with the joint’s official remix. For this version of the Billboard (and Booth) charting banger, Bus-A-Bus enlists two heavyweight guests to complement original hookman Chris Breezy. After a fresh opening verse form the headliner, Missy Elliot grabs the mic to lace Sak Pase‘s handclap-driven beat with some characteristically off-the-wall wordplay: “I slay these crows / Got more lines than cornrows.” Rhymes’ Young Money boss, Weezy, ends the remix on a high note, incorporating shout-outs to Ace Hood and Tyler the Creator (“I’m thuggin’, bumpin’ Golf Wang.”) into his unhinged closing 16. With Tunechi and Misdemeanor contributing standout bars, even those who weren’t feeling the record this first time ‘round will have to acknowledge the remix’s appeal - or do I have it twisted? In any case, fans will be able to find the album version of Why Stop Now and much more on Busta’s YMCMB debut, E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event) 2: End of the World, due to drop later this year!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.