When you have a record burning up the charts, the question inevitably arises: Why Stop Now? Seizing the opportunity to make his latest single a smash twice over, Busta Rhymes returns to our pages with the joint’s official remix. For this version of the Billboard (and Booth) charting banger, Bus-A-Bus enlists two heavyweight guests to complement original hookman Chris Breezy. After a fresh opening verse form the headliner, Missy Elliot grabs the mic to lace Sak Pase‘s handclap-driven beat with some characteristically off-the-wall wordplay: “I slay these crows / Got more lines than cornrows.” Rhymes’ Young Money boss, Weezy, ends the remix on a high note, incorporating shout-outs to Ace Hood and Tyler the Creator (“I’m thuggin’, bumpin’ Golf Wang.”) into his unhinged closing 16. With Tunechi and Misdemeanor contributing standout bars, even those who weren’t feeling the record this first time ‘round will have to acknowledge the remix’s appeal - or do I have it twisted? In any case, fans will be able to find the album version of Why Stop Now and much more on Busta’s YMCMB debut, E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event) 2: End of the World, due to drop later this year!
Written by richard on 02/16/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.