“Don’t be evil,” certainly has a nice ring to it, but Google is no longer the scrappy, idealistic startup it was back in 1998. With its current stature, and its knack for expanding operations to fill every conceivable gap in the market (often leaving heavyweight competition in the dust), a more accurate slogan might be: “Why Stop Now? I can have everything!” They’ve even got the perfect spokesperson in Busta Rhymes, who celebrates yesterday’s launch of iTunes challenger Google Music with the release of his latest single. The Jugganauts’ Sak Pase produces, crafting a minimal, percussion-driven groove which Busta proceeds to lace with characteristically dizzying rhymes about his unstoppable drive to stack that paper. In between the veteran emcee’s acquisitive verses, R&B megastar Chris Brown steps up to the mic for a chanted chorus (no singing or flowed bars from Breezy, unfortunately). Think Bus-A-Bus and the search engine giant are a match made in heaven? Then I’ve got good news: while the rapper’s ninth LP, E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event) 2: End of the World, has yet to receive a drop date, it has been confirmed the project will be available for purchase via—you guessed it—Google Music.
Written by richard on 11/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.