Lately, Busta Rhymes seems to be a little preoccupied with the undulations of the female anatomy. Granted, that statement could apply to a healthy percentage of rappers at any given moment in time—but let’s just say he’s more preoccupied than usual. Having encouraged women at the spot to Shake It on his featured contribution to Funk Flex’ latest compilation, the Brooklyn vet continues his game of Simon Says and instructs ‘em to Twerk It on his official debut single via Cash Money. Backed by Pharrell‘s minimal, eminently twerkable rhythm section, Buss-a-Buss lustfully ogles the ladies on the floor, delivering his bars in Jamaican patois. A hypnotically catchy, chromatic hook rounds out the package. Does this cut bode well for Rhymes’ long-awaited studio album? As always, y’all get the final say. Those feeling it should watch our pages for the latest on the forthcoming set, which currently lacks both a title and a drop date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.