Lately, Busta Rhymes seems to be a little preoccupied with the undulations of the female anatomy. Granted, that statement could apply to a healthy percentage of rappers at any given moment in time—but let’s just say he’s more preoccupied than usual. Having encouraged women at the spot to Shake It on his featured contribution to Funk Flex’ latest compilation, the Brooklyn vet continues his game of Simon Says and instructs ‘em to Twerk It on his official debut single via Cash Money. Backed by Pharrell‘s minimal, eminently twerkable rhythm section, Buss-a-Buss lustfully ogles the ladies on the floor, delivering his bars in Jamaican patois. A hypnotically catchy, chromatic hook rounds out the package. Does this cut bode well for Rhymes’ long-awaited studio album? As always, y’all get the final say. Those feeling it should watch our pages for the latest on the forthcoming set, which currently lacks both a title and a drop date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.