Counted your blessings lately? Yeah, me neither. If you need a little help coming up with sh*t to be grateful for, you can start by saying, “Thank You,” for Busta Rhymes‘s latest single. In a stark departure from the club-ready style of recent features Twerk It and Shake It, this cut has a funky throwback feel. Buss-a-Buss himself mans the mixing boards, transforming disco diva Alicia Meyers’s 1981 classic, I Wanna Thank You, into a upbeat backdrop for his own suave, self-assured bars. YMCMB label boss Lil Wayne and Tribe Called Quest vet Q-Tip contribute brisk guest bars to the cut, which also features ad-libs from Kanye West. Has this star-studded collaboration gotten you hype for Busta’s next LP? Then watch our pages for the latest on ELE2, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Busta’s Director X-directed Thank You visual.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.