Counted your blessings lately? Yeah, me neither. If you need a little help coming up with sh*t to be grateful for, you can start by saying, “Thank You,” for Busta Rhymes‘s latest single. In a stark departure from the club-ready style of recent features Twerk It and Shake It, this cut has a funky throwback feel. Buss-a-Buss himself mans the mixing boards, transforming disco diva Alicia Meyers’s 1981 classic, I Wanna Thank You, into a upbeat backdrop for his own suave, self-assured bars. YMCMB label boss Lil Wayne and Tribe Called Quest vet Q-Tip contribute brisk guest bars to the cut, which also features ad-libs from Kanye West. Has this star-studded collaboration gotten you hype for Busta’s next LP? Then watch our pages for the latest on ELE2, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Busta’s Director X-directed Thank You visual.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.