Counted your blessings lately? Yeah, me neither. If you need a little help coming up with sh*t to be grateful for, you can start by saying, “Thank You,” for Busta Rhymes‘s latest single. In a stark departure from the club-ready style of recent features Twerk It and Shake It, this cut has a funky throwback feel. Buss-a-Buss himself mans the mixing boards, transforming disco diva Alicia Meyers’s 1981 classic, I Wanna Thank You, into a upbeat backdrop for his own suave, self-assured bars. YMCMB label boss Lil Wayne and Tribe Called Quest vet Q-Tip contribute brisk guest bars to the cut, which also features ad-libs from Kanye West. Has this star-studded collaboration gotten you hype for Busta’s next LP? Then watch our pages for the latest on ELE2, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Busta’s Director X-directed Thank You visual.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.