Counted your blessings lately? Yeah, me neither. If you need a little help coming up with sh*t to be grateful for, you can start by saying, “Thank You,” for Busta Rhymes‘s latest single. In a stark departure from the club-ready style of recent features Twerk It and Shake It, this cut has a funky throwback feel. Buss-a-Buss himself mans the mixing boards, transforming disco diva Alicia Meyers’s 1981 classic, I Wanna Thank You, into a upbeat backdrop for his own suave, self-assured bars. YMCMB label boss Lil Wayne and Tribe Called Quest vet Q-Tip contribute brisk guest bars to the cut, which also features ad-libs from Kanye West. Has this star-studded collaboration gotten you hype for Busta’s next LP? Then watch our pages for the latest on ELE2, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Busta’s Director X-directed Thank You visual.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)