Counted your blessings lately? Yeah, me neither. If you need a little help coming up with sh*t to be grateful for, you can start by saying, “Thank You,” for Busta Rhymes‘s latest single. In a stark departure from the club-ready style of recent features Twerk It and Shake It, this cut has a funky throwback feel. Buss-a-Buss himself mans the mixing boards, transforming disco diva Alicia Meyers’s 1981 classic, I Wanna Thank You, into a upbeat backdrop for his own suave, self-assured bars. YMCMB label boss Lil Wayne and Tribe Called Quest vet Q-Tip contribute brisk guest bars to the cut, which also features ad-libs from Kanye West. Has this star-studded collaboration gotten you hype for Busta’s next LP? Then watch our pages for the latest on ELE2, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Busta’s Director X-directed Thank You visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!