Impressively, Busta Rhymes, who’s currently working on his ninth solo studio album, is still going strong after a decade and a half in the rap game. Having teamed up with trusty maker producer Swizz Beatz for the currently untitled and unscheduled album’s lead single Stop the Party, the duo are back with a remix, and they’ve recruited T.I., Cam’ron, DMX, and Ghostface Killah for the job. Unfortunately though, the result’s not particularly impressive. The Swizzy beat is his standard bass, snare, drum and tambourine combination, and with all the pauses for random ad-libs, it’s hard to get into a groove. Lyrically Busta doesn’t change a thing from the original, while T.I., Ghost and Cam all spit relatively mediocre bars, although DMX notably ends the track with a short but sweet couple of lines that show us despite the jail time, he’s still in pretty good form. Overall Stop the Party doesn’t live up to Busta and Swizz’ previous hit, Touch It (Remix), but it should still earn a couple of rotations. But maybe it’s just me; is this a remix worth spinning Booth fans?
Written by JRTheWriter on 07/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.