Impressively, Busta Rhymes, who’s currently working on his ninth solo studio album, is still going strong after a decade and a half in the rap game. Having teamed up with trusty maker producer Swizz Beatz for the currently untitled and unscheduled album’s lead single Stop the Party, the duo are back with a remix, and they’ve recruited T.I., Cam’ron, DMX, and Ghostface Killah for the job. Unfortunately though, the result’s not particularly impressive. The Swizzy beat is his standard bass, snare, drum and tambourine combination, and with all the pauses for random ad-libs, it’s hard to get into a groove. Lyrically Busta doesn’t change a thing from the original, while T.I., Ghost and Cam all spit relatively mediocre bars, although DMX notably ends the track with a short but sweet couple of lines that show us despite the jail time, he’s still in pretty good form. Overall Stop the Party doesn’t live up to Busta and Swizz’ previous hit, Touch It (Remix), but it should still earn a couple of rotations. But maybe it’s just me; is this a remix worth spinning Booth fans?
Written by JRTheWriter on 07/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.