Cleveland’s Mick Boogie has teamed up with Busta Rhymes for the new mixtape, Dilligence. The project is a mash-up of brand new Busta vocals and unreleased beats from the late great Motown producer, J. Dilla. “When Mick brought this concept to the table, I felt the timing was right. Dilla left so much incredible music behind with me personally,” says Rhymes. On the track, Step Up, Busta uses his When Disaster Strikes-era flow to ride out over a scratch-intensive instrumental. While the project is meant to showcase the production mastery of the departed Dilla, it also paves the way for Busta’s second Aftermath release, Back On My BS, which is slated for a summer 2008 release.
Written by DJ Z on 11/28/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)