For years, quality hip-hop music has been described using the word “fire.” The legendary Busta Rhymes, however, has always taken this concept to a whole different level. A brief glance at Rhymes’ catalog and you’ll notice three heat-related titles, one album cover engulfed in flames (E.L.E.), and a plethora of songs, like Fire, You Can’t Hold the Torch, and Hot Sh*t Makin’ Ya Bounce, which allude to his obsession with one of the four elements. Adding a new notch to his flaming belt is the Don Cannon-produced Light Up A Fire, which tentatively is scheduled to appear on the New York native’s forthcoming release, B.O.M.B.. For more Busta Bus, listen and look for his new radio single, Arab Money, impacting at radio stations nationwide next week.
Written by DJ Z on 10/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.