With all the guest work Busta Rhymes has been doing lately (Look At Me Now, Worldwide Choppers, etc.) you may not have realized just how long it’s been since we’ve heard a song from the man himself; over a year, for the record. For the first time since 2010’s Stop the Party, Busta’s back on DJBooth’s pages as a headliner with new single Killin ‘Em, and he’s brought along some help in the form of fellow hip-hop legend LL Cool J. With Ron Browz - yes, that Ron Browz –laying down the kind of sparse, drum heavy beat that’s become his trademark, Killin ‘Em finds Busta breaking out his slow flow, concentrating more on his swag than his breakneck flow. It’s an approach that LL uses as well, pouring out a syrupy verse that makes sure to remind the world of his historic pedigree. So sure Busta and LL are killing the ladies, but can they kill when it comes to DJBooth ratings? We’ll find out soon. While Killin ‘Em doesn’t currently have a home, I’d be shocked if we went another year without another Busta single and, eventually, a new album.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/30/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.