With all the guest work Busta Rhymes has been doing lately (Look At Me Now, Worldwide Choppers, etc.) you may not have realized just how long it’s been since we’ve heard a song from the man himself; over a year, for the record. For the first time since 2010’s Stop the Party, Busta’s back on DJBooth’s pages as a headliner with new single Killin ‘Em, and he’s brought along some help in the form of fellow hip-hop legend LL Cool J. With Ron Browz - yes, that Ron Browz –laying down the kind of sparse, drum heavy beat that’s become his trademark, Killin ‘Em finds Busta breaking out his slow flow, concentrating more on his swag than his breakneck flow. It’s an approach that LL uses as well, pouring out a syrupy verse that makes sure to remind the world of his historic pedigree. So sure Busta and LL are killing the ladies, but can they kill when it comes to DJBooth ratings? We’ll find out soon. While Killin ‘Em doesn’t currently have a home, I’d be shocked if we went another year without another Busta single and, eventually, a new album.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.