With all the guest work Busta Rhymes has been doing lately (Look At Me Now, Worldwide Choppers, etc.) you may not have realized just how long it’s been since we’ve heard a song from the man himself; over a year, for the record. For the first time since 2010’s Stop the Party, Busta’s back on DJBooth’s pages as a headliner with new single Killin ‘Em, and he’s brought along some help in the form of fellow hip-hop legend LL Cool J. With Ron Browz - yes, that Ron Browz –laying down the kind of sparse, drum heavy beat that’s become his trademark, Killin ‘Em finds Busta breaking out his slow flow, concentrating more on his swag than his breakneck flow. It’s an approach that LL uses as well, pouring out a syrupy verse that makes sure to remind the world of his historic pedigree. So sure Busta and LL are killing the ladies, but can they kill when it comes to DJBooth ratings? We’ll find out soon. While Killin ‘Em doesn’t currently have a home, I’d be shocked if we went another year without another Busta single and, eventually, a new album.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/30/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.