Whenever Busta Rhymes releases a hit single, you can count on an equally successful remix (see Pass the Courvoisier, Touch It, Arab Money...). For the inevitable revamp of Back On My B.S. second single Hustler’s Anthem 09, the rapper enlists the help of a few unexpected collaborators. Once Busta’s spit his quick opener, Ty Fyffe slows down the beat for Ryan Leslie‘s smooth guest verse. After T-Pain‘s hook, OJ Da Juiceman and his mentor, Gucci Mane, showcase their adaptability by quickening up their typically slow ATL-style flows to match the unmistakably Northeastern percussion. While the “anthem” factor still isn’t quite there, there’s no reason this remix shouldn’t earn as many spins as the successful original. Back On My B.S., Busta’s eighth studio album, is set to hit record stores and online retailers everywhere May 19th.
Written by Burmy on 04/16/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.