Whenever Busta Rhymes releases a hit single, you can count on an equally successful remix (see Pass the Courvoisier, Touch It, Arab Money...). For the inevitable revamp of Back On My B.S. second single Hustler’s Anthem 09, the rapper enlists the help of a few unexpected collaborators. Once Busta’s spit his quick opener, Ty Fyffe slows down the beat for Ryan Leslie‘s smooth guest verse. After T-Pain‘s hook, OJ Da Juiceman and his mentor, Gucci Mane, showcase their adaptability by quickening up their typically slow ATL-style flows to match the unmistakably Northeastern percussion. While the “anthem” factor still isn’t quite there, there’s no reason this remix shouldn’t earn as many spins as the successful original. Back On My B.S., Busta’s eighth studio album, is set to hit record stores and online retailers everywhere May 19th.
Written by Burmy on 04/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.