Whenever Busta Rhymes releases a hit single, you can count on an equally successful remix (see Pass the Courvoisier, Touch It, Arab Money...). For the inevitable revamp of Back On My B.S. second single Hustler’s Anthem 09, the rapper enlists the help of a few unexpected collaborators. Once Busta’s spit his quick opener, Ty Fyffe slows down the beat for Ryan Leslie‘s smooth guest verse. After T-Pain‘s hook, OJ Da Juiceman and his mentor, Gucci Mane, showcase their adaptability by quickening up their typically slow ATL-style flows to match the unmistakably Northeastern percussion. While the “anthem” factor still isn’t quite there, there’s no reason this remix shouldn’t earn as many spins as the successful original. Back On My B.S., Busta’s eighth studio album, is set to hit record stores and online retailers everywhere May 19th.
Written by Burmy on 04/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.