Though we’re only halfway through the first month of the new year, Busta Rhymes has already taken a stab at creating a Hustlers Anthem 2009. On Rhymes’ latest single selection, the emcee teams up with T-Pain to create a record dedicated to everyone who’s working hard to get that paper. The Auto-Tuned hook is certainly nothing new, but Pain sounds better than ever thanks to a hard-hitting bassline by Ty Fyffe, whose funk-influenced beat adds energy to the mid-tempo cut. Unfortunately for those hoping to hear Busta flex his full-tilt flow, he keeps things relatively sedate here, though recently-featured album cut Blown offered plenty of evidence that he hasn’t abandoned his speed-rap roots. At the end of the day, this single may not achieve anthem status, but it should have hustlers nationwide running to their local record shops on March 24th, when Busta finally drops the B.O.M.B.
Written by richard on 01/14/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.