Though we’re only halfway through the first month of the new year, Busta Rhymes has already taken a stab at creating a Hustlers Anthem 2009. On Rhymes’ latest single selection, the emcee teams up with T-Pain to create a record dedicated to everyone who’s working hard to get that paper. The Auto-Tuned hook is certainly nothing new, but Pain sounds better than ever thanks to a hard-hitting bassline by Ty Fyffe, whose funk-influenced beat adds energy to the mid-tempo cut. Unfortunately for those hoping to hear Busta flex his full-tilt flow, he keeps things relatively sedate here, though recently-featured album cut Blown offered plenty of evidence that he hasn’t abandoned his speed-rap roots. At the end of the day, this single may not achieve anthem status, but it should have hustlers nationwide running to their local record shops on March 24th, when Busta finally drops the B.O.M.B.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!