Though we’re only halfway through the first month of the new year, Busta Rhymes has already taken a stab at creating a Hustlers Anthem 2009. On Rhymes’ latest single selection, the emcee teams up with T-Pain to create a record dedicated to everyone who’s working hard to get that paper. The Auto-Tuned hook is certainly nothing new, but Pain sounds better than ever thanks to a hard-hitting bassline by Ty Fyffe, whose funk-influenced beat adds energy to the mid-tempo cut. Unfortunately for those hoping to hear Busta flex his full-tilt flow, he keeps things relatively sedate here, though recently-featured album cut Blown offered plenty of evidence that he hasn’t abandoned his speed-rap roots. At the end of the day, this single may not achieve anthem status, but it should have hustlers nationwide running to their local record shops on March 24th, when Busta finally drops the B.O.M.B.
Written by richard on 01/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.