Though we’re only halfway through the first month of the new year, Busta Rhymes has already taken a stab at creating a Hustlers Anthem 2009. On Rhymes’ latest single selection, the emcee teams up with T-Pain to create a record dedicated to everyone who’s working hard to get that paper. The Auto-Tuned hook is certainly nothing new, but Pain sounds better than ever thanks to a hard-hitting bassline by Ty Fyffe, whose funk-influenced beat adds energy to the mid-tempo cut. Unfortunately for those hoping to hear Busta flex his full-tilt flow, he keeps things relatively sedate here, though recently-featured album cut Blown offered plenty of evidence that he hasn’t abandoned his speed-rap roots. At the end of the day, this single may not achieve anthem status, but it should have hustlers nationwide running to their local record shops on March 24th, when Busta finally drops the B.O.M.B.
Written by richard on 01/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.