Back in the early-to-mid 2000s, the Neptunes were arguably the biggest producers in all of hip-hop. One of their many heavyweight clients was Busta Rhymes, who flowed over Pharrell & Chad’s beats on such hits as What It Is, Pass the Courvoisier Pt. 2, and Light Ya Azz On Fire. Naturally, when the Neptunes and their Star Trak label put together the soundtrack for Fast & Furious (in theaters April 3), they opted to amp up the high-energy mood with a Busta & Pharrell collabo. Originally set to appear on the forthcoming Back on My BS (when it was known as Blessed and slated to be released on Aftermath/Interscope), Show Ya G-Stro is a club banger that should spark fond memories inside old-school fans’ heads and get the new-schoolers moving when spun at the spot. The Fast & Furious soundtrack is available now in stores and online, and fans can look forward to another collaboration between Bussa Bus and Skateboard P in Kill Dem, set for inclusion on the May 19th release of Back on My BS.
Written by Burmy on 03/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.