Back in the early-to-mid 2000s, the Neptunes were arguably the biggest producers in all of hip-hop. One of their many heavyweight clients was Busta Rhymes, who flowed over Pharrell & Chad’s beats on such hits as What It Is, Pass the Courvoisier Pt. 2, and Light Ya Azz On Fire. Naturally, when the Neptunes and their Star Trak label put together the soundtrack for Fast & Furious (in theaters April 3), they opted to amp up the high-energy mood with a Busta & Pharrell collabo. Originally set to appear on the forthcoming Back on My BS (when it was known as Blessed and slated to be released on Aftermath/Interscope), Show Ya G-Stro is a club banger that should spark fond memories inside old-school fans’ heads and get the new-schoolers moving when spun at the spot. The Fast & Furious soundtrack is available now in stores and online, and fans can look forward to another collaboration between Bussa Bus and Skateboard P in Kill Dem, set for inclusion on the May 19th release of Back on My BS.
Written by Burmy on 03/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.