Back in the early-to-mid 2000s, the Neptunes were arguably the biggest producers in all of hip-hop. One of their many heavyweight clients was Busta Rhymes, who flowed over Pharrell & Chad’s beats on such hits as What It Is, Pass the Courvoisier Pt. 2, and Light Ya Azz On Fire. Naturally, when the Neptunes and their Star Trak label put together the soundtrack for Fast & Furious (in theaters April 3), they opted to amp up the high-energy mood with a Busta & Pharrell collabo. Originally set to appear on the forthcoming Back on My BS (when it was known as Blessed and slated to be released on Aftermath/Interscope), Show Ya G-Stro is a club banger that should spark fond memories inside old-school fans’ heads and get the new-schoolers moving when spun at the spot. The Fast & Furious soundtrack is available now in stores and online, and fans can look forward to another collaboration between Bussa Bus and Skateboard P in Kill Dem, set for inclusion on the May 19th release of Back on My BS.
Written by Burmy on 03/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.