Though Arab Money and Hustlers Anthem ‘09 have picked up considerable buzz, Busta Rhymes has decided to release yet another official single to make absolutely sure that Back On My B.S. actually drops on May 19th. Unlike the previous releases, Conglomerate finds Busta returning to the aggressive flow he’s been known for since the mid-‘90s (and, if you’ve looked at our ratings for his work, the one Booth-heads prefer). The single’s lineup is a little different from the previously-leaked version set for inclusion on the album; while both versions include Jadakiss’ contribution and a booming beat by Busta’s former labelmate, Focus, the single version subs out Young Jeezy in favor of a new verse by the one and only Lil Wayne—sans autotune! Given Busta and Weezy’s similar tastes for off-the-wall rhyming, most will say Universal Motown made the right choice (both critically and commercially). Now that’s a conglomerate you’ve got to respect!
Written by Burmy on 04/5/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)