Discussing artists’ rapping styles, Chamillionaire offered the following insight during the first portion of his new two-part interview feature at the Booth: “[if] you put a beat in front of me, and you told me [the] artist; I could tell you what pattern they’re gonna rap in.” If you like how an artist approaches their material, though, you might not want them to change it up – right? Just ask longtime fans of Busta Rhymes, who since leaving his one-and-done stint at Aftermath/Interscope has alternated between his characteristically hyper-speed flow (adored by millions around the world) and dragged-out Shawty-Lo-esque muttering (as Borat would say, “not so much”). Rest assured those who have grown to enjoy the former will thoroughly appreciate Blown, a new offering from Rhymes featuring accompaniment from T-Pain and DJ Khaled and production by Cool & Dre.
Written by DJ Z on 12/2/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.