Discussing artists’ rapping styles, Chamillionaire offered the following insight during the first portion of his new two-part interview feature at the Booth: “[if] you put a beat in front of me, and you told me [the] artist; I could tell you what pattern they’re gonna rap in.” If you like how an artist approaches their material, though, you might not want them to change it up – right? Just ask longtime fans of Busta Rhymes, who since leaving his one-and-done stint at Aftermath/Interscope has alternated between his characteristically hyper-speed flow (adored by millions around the world) and dragged-out Shawty-Lo-esque muttering (as Borat would say, “not so much”). Rest assured those who have grown to enjoy the former will thoroughly appreciate Blown, a new offering from Rhymes featuring accompaniment from T-Pain and DJ Khaled and production by Cool & Dre.
Written by DJ Z on 12/2/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.