With American troops stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan, civilians have developed a strong fascination for Arabic/Middle Eastern culture. Known to get creative with his music, Busta Rhymes decided to take a flight to the Middle East for his first single as a Universal Motown artist, Arab Money. For those who are ready to complain about the song’s “cliché” nature, it’s really more about the Arabs than the money, as Busta lays down his bankroll alongside the Middle East’s richest man, Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud. Meanwhile, Ron Browz puts some freshness into the overused autotune effect by modifying his vocals to sound like they’re straight from his Pop Champagne studio sessions. Arab Money will create a strong buzz before Busta starts his pre-emptive strike; the B.O.M.B. (short for Back On My Bullsh*t) drops December 9.
Written by Burmy on 09/23/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.