With American troops stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan, civilians have developed a strong fascination for Arabic/Middle Eastern culture. Known to get creative with his music, Busta Rhymes decided to take a flight to the Middle East for his first single as a Universal Motown artist, Arab Money. For those who are ready to complain about the song’s “cliché” nature, it’s really more about the Arabs than the money, as Busta lays down his bankroll alongside the Middle East’s richest man, Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud. Meanwhile, Ron Browz puts some freshness into the overused autotune effect by modifying his vocals to sound like they’re straight from his Pop Champagne studio sessions. Arab Money will create a strong buzz before Busta starts his pre-emptive strike; the B.O.M.B. (short for Back On My Bullsh*t) drops December 9.
Written by Burmy on 09/23/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.