When Sugar Hill Gang‘s Rapper’s Delight became the first nationwide hip-hop hit back in 1979, many viewed the sensation as a novelty that would die a quick death. Much to their surprise (and our delight), hip-hop has thrived ever since and is arguably one of the world’s most popular genres. Highlighting just how far We Made It, legendary MC Busta Rhymes has teamed up with veteran rock group Linkin Park for what is likely the biggest collaboration thus far of ‘08. Like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, Busta’s two verses fit perfectly with singer Chester Bennington’s chorus, Mike Shinoda’s middle verse, and Brad Delson’s guitar (all over a beat by the super-trio of Shinoda and Cool & Dre). We Made It is the first official single from Busta Rhymes’ eighth album, Blessed, set for retail and online release July 15.
Written by Burmy on 04/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.