When Sugar Hill Gang‘s Rapper’s Delight became the first nationwide hip-hop hit back in 1979, many viewed the sensation as a novelty that would die a quick death. Much to their surprise (and our delight), hip-hop has thrived ever since and is arguably one of the world’s most popular genres. Highlighting just how far We Made It, legendary MC Busta Rhymes has teamed up with veteran rock group Linkin Park for what is likely the biggest collaboration thus far of ‘08. Like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, Busta’s two verses fit perfectly with singer Chester Bennington’s chorus, Mike Shinoda’s middle verse, and Brad Delson’s guitar (all over a beat by the super-trio of Shinoda and Cool & Dre). We Made It is the first official single from Busta Rhymes’ eighth album, Blessed, set for retail and online release July 15.
Written by Burmy on 04/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.