When Sugar Hill Gang‘s Rapper’s Delight became the first nationwide hip-hop hit back in 1979, many viewed the sensation as a novelty that would die a quick death. Much to their surprise (and our delight), hip-hop has thrived ever since and is arguably one of the world’s most popular genres. Highlighting just how far We Made It, legendary MC Busta Rhymes has teamed up with veteran rock group Linkin Park for what is likely the biggest collaboration thus far of ‘08. Like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, Busta’s two verses fit perfectly with singer Chester Bennington’s chorus, Mike Shinoda’s middle verse, and Brad Delson’s guitar (all over a beat by the super-trio of Shinoda and Cool & Dre). We Made It is the first official single from Busta Rhymes’ eighth album, Blessed, set for retail and online release July 15.
Written by Burmy on 04/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.