Just last month, Busta Rhymes slid off the legal hook when a judge sentenced him to three years of probation (in connection with an assault of his former driver and a fan), instead of sending the veteran rapper to prison. In honor of not having to share a jail cell with fellow industry mates Prodigy, Foxy Brown or Beanie Sigel (yup, he’s back in the clanker as of this week), Rhymes has released the new single, Don’t Touch Me (Throw Da Water On Em). More than just your average ‘buzz joint,’ the song was released in unison by all three of his labels; Flipmode, Aftermath and Interscope. Though the single is being pitched as a return of the “Godfather of the Club Banger,” a minimalist bongo drum beat allows Busta to flow freely and actually stray away from his usual ‘club banger’ self.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.