Just last month, Busta Rhymes slid off the legal hook when a judge sentenced him to three years of probation (in connection with an assault of his former driver and a fan), instead of sending the veteran rapper to prison. In honor of not having to share a jail cell with fellow industry mates Prodigy, Foxy Brown or Beanie Sigel (yup, he’s back in the clanker as of this week), Rhymes has released the new single, Don’t Touch Me (Throw Da Water On Em). More than just your average ‘buzz joint,’ the song was released in unison by all three of his labels; Flipmode, Aftermath and Interscope. Though the single is being pitched as a return of the “Godfather of the Club Banger,” a minimalist bongo drum beat allows Busta to flow freely and actually stray away from his usual ‘club banger’ self.
Written by DJ Z on 04/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.