Just last month, Busta Rhymes slid off the legal hook when a judge sentenced him to three years of probation (in connection with an assault of his former driver and a fan), instead of sending the veteran rapper to prison. In honor of not having to share a jail cell with fellow industry mates Prodigy, Foxy Brown or Beanie Sigel (yup, he’s back in the clanker as of this week), Rhymes has released the new single, Don’t Touch Me (Throw Da Water On Em). More than just your average ‘buzz joint,’ the song was released in unison by all three of his labels; Flipmode, Aftermath and Interscope. Though the single is being pitched as a return of the “Godfather of the Club Banger,” a minimalist bongo drum beat allows Busta to flow freely and actually stray away from his usual ‘club banger’ self.
Written by DJ Z on 04/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)