Just last month, Busta Rhymes slid off the legal hook when a judge sentenced him to three years of probation (in connection with an assault of his former driver and a fan), instead of sending the veteran rapper to prison. In honor of not having to share a jail cell with fellow industry mates Prodigy, Foxy Brown or Beanie Sigel (yup, he’s back in the clanker as of this week), Rhymes has released the new single, Don’t Touch Me (Throw Da Water On Em). More than just your average ‘buzz joint,’ the song was released in unison by all three of his labels; Flipmode, Aftermath and Interscope. Though the single is being pitched as a return of the “Godfather of the Club Banger,” a minimalist bongo drum beat allows Busta to flow freely and actually stray away from his usual ‘club banger’ self.
Written by DJ Z on 04/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.