Just last month, Busta Rhymes slid off the legal hook when a judge sentenced him to three years of probation (in connection with an assault of his former driver and a fan), instead of sending the veteran rapper to prison. In honor of not having to share a jail cell with fellow industry mates Prodigy, Foxy Brown or Beanie Sigel (yup, he’s back in the clanker as of this week), Rhymes has released the new single, Don’t Touch Me (Throw Da Water On Em). More than just your average ‘buzz joint,’ the song was released in unison by all three of his labels; Flipmode, Aftermath and Interscope. Though the single is being pitched as a return of the “Godfather of the Club Banger,” a minimalist bongo drum beat allows Busta to flow freely and actually stray away from his usual ‘club banger’ self.
Written by DJ Z on 04/3/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.