This one is not for the faint of heart. S**t, even the strong of heart might feel a little woozy after just one listen to Busdriver‘s solo Booth debut, Ego Death. Bus’s frenetic, jarring flow gets the track started off on a cutting, brash note, but its just the beginning. Aesop Rock and Danny Brown take it to another level with some unique flows and (far) left-of-center wordplay. I can’t leave without giving credit to Jeremiah Jae for creating a edgy, layered beat that’s potent enough to withstand the venomous flows of all three emcees; creating a beat to fit three very unique, chaotic flows is no easy task. Ego Death is the first single off Busdriver’s Perfect Hair album, due out this fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colonize the Moon" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.