This one is not for the faint of heart. S**t, even the strong of heart might feel a little woozy after just one listen to Busdriver‘s solo Booth debut, Ego Death. Bus’s frenetic, jarring flow gets the track started off on a cutting, brash note, but its just the beginning. Aesop Rock and Danny Brown take it to another level with some unique flows and (far) left-of-center wordplay. I can’t leave without giving credit to Jeremiah Jae for creating a edgy, layered beat that’s potent enough to withstand the venomous flows of all three emcees; creating a beat to fit three very unique, chaotic flows is no easy task. Ego Death is the first single off Busdriver’s Perfect Hair album, due out this fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colonize the Moon" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)