This one is not for the faint of heart. S**t, even the strong of heart might feel a little woozy after just one listen to Busdriver‘s solo Booth debut, Ego Death. Bus’s frenetic, jarring flow gets the track started off on a cutting, brash note, but its just the beginning. Aesop Rock and Danny Brown take it to another level with some unique flows and (far) left-of-center wordplay. I can’t leave without giving credit to Jeremiah Jae for creating a edgy, layered beat that’s potent enough to withstand the venomous flows of all three emcees; creating a beat to fit three very unique, chaotic flows is no easy task. Ego Death is the first single off Busdriver’s Perfect Hair album, due out this fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colonize the Moon" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.