This one is not for the faint of heart. S**t, even the strong of heart might feel a little woozy after just one listen to Busdriver‘s solo Booth debut, Ego Death. Bus’s frenetic, jarring flow gets the track started off on a cutting, brash note, but its just the beginning. Aesop Rock and Danny Brown take it to another level with some unique flows and (far) left-of-center wordplay. I can’t leave without giving credit to Jeremiah Jae for creating a edgy, layered beat that’s potent enough to withstand the venomous flows of all three emcees; creating a beat to fit three very unique, chaotic flows is no easy task. Ego Death is the first single off Busdriver’s Perfect Hair album, due out this fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colonize the Moon" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.