This one is not for the faint of heart. S**t, even the strong of heart might feel a little woozy after just one listen to Busdriver‘s solo Booth debut, Ego Death. Bus’s frenetic, jarring flow gets the track started off on a cutting, brash note, but its just the beginning. Aesop Rock and Danny Brown take it to another level with some unique flows and (far) left-of-center wordplay. I can’t leave without giving credit to Jeremiah Jae for creating a edgy, layered beat that’s potent enough to withstand the venomous flows of all three emcees; creating a beat to fit three very unique, chaotic flows is no easy task. Ego Death is the first single off Busdriver’s Perfect Hair album, due out this fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colonize the Moon" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.