BURNTmd isn’t angry at his peers in the hip-hop game; he’s just disappointed. Thus he’s hooked up with an illustrious hip-hop vet to scare them straight on newly-released mixtape inclusion Building Blocks. True to its title, this record is all about constructive criticism; backed by Reef Ali‘s boom-bap grooves, the Brooklyn-born, Colorado-residing mic-wrecker reveals that he still takes seriously Nas’ 2006 pronouncement of hip-hop’s death, and raises a few issues that need to be addressed in order to put the genre he loves on the road to recovery. Def Squad veteran Keith Murray echoes his sentiments on the guest tip, and former DMC champion DJ Grasshoppa tops the jam off with some old-school cuts. Watch for The Green Invasion, a street album created to celebrate the legalization of marijuana in the Centennial State, to drop in December. Local fans will be able to catch the artist headlining Smoke Fest ‘99 this Sunday in Denver, following which he’ll head to December to open for Method Man on the 8th.
Written by richard on 11/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Show Stoppa" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.