BURNTmd isn’t angry at his peers in the hip-hop game; he’s just disappointed. Thus he’s hooked up with an illustrious hip-hop vet to scare them straight on newly-released mixtape inclusion Building Blocks. True to its title, this record is all about constructive criticism; backed by Reef Ali‘s boom-bap grooves, the Brooklyn-born, Colorado-residing mic-wrecker reveals that he still takes seriously Nas’ 2006 pronouncement of hip-hop’s death, and raises a few issues that need to be addressed in order to put the genre he loves on the road to recovery. Def Squad veteran Keith Murray echoes his sentiments on the guest tip, and former DMC champion DJ Grasshoppa tops the jam off with some old-school cuts. Watch for The Green Invasion, a street album created to celebrate the legalization of marijuana in the Centennial State, to drop in December. Local fans will be able to catch the artist headlining Smoke Fest ‘99 this Sunday in Denver, following which he’ll head to December to open for Method Man on the 8th.
Written by richard on 11/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Show Stoppa" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.