As many have noted, consumer capitalism has led to an excess of choices that aren’t really choices at all; if you don’t believe me, count the types of barbecue sauce on offer at your local supermarket, then count how many don’t contain high fructose corn syrup. That same pattern results in a music industry overstuffed with homogeneous artists—a state of affairs which BurntMD rails against on mixtape single Auschwitz. While it would be an understatement to call the title an overstatement, hardcore heads will undoubtedly appreciate the Brooklynite’s uncompromising rhyme style, as well as his determination to swim against the tide (“F**k makin’ money for club-bangin, shakin’ ass like a groupie.”). As the emcee commits to carving out his own lane, beatsmith Reef Ali serves up an appropriately gritty, sample-driven backdrop for his bars. Feeling it? More await on The Green Invasion, set to hit The DJBooth as a free, exclusive stream Monday, July 15, in anticipation of its release the following Tuesday.
Written by richard on 07/2/13
Underground emcee BurntMD has joined forces with The DJBooth and Diamond Media 360 to offer up his sophomore full-length, The Green Invasion, for streaming and digital purchase. The project packs a whopping 25 tracks' worth...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Show Stoppa" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.