As many have noted, consumer capitalism has led to an excess of choices that aren’t really choices at all; if you don’t believe me, count the types of barbecue sauce on offer at your local supermarket, then count how many don’t contain high fructose corn syrup. That same pattern results in a music industry overstuffed with homogeneous artists—a state of affairs which BurntMD rails against on mixtape single Auschwitz. While it would be an understatement to call the title an overstatement, hardcore heads will undoubtedly appreciate the Brooklynite’s uncompromising rhyme style, as well as his determination to swim against the tide (“F**k makin’ money for club-bangin, shakin’ ass like a groupie.”). As the emcee commits to carving out his own lane, beatsmith Reef Ali serves up an appropriately gritty, sample-driven backdrop for his bars. Feeling it? More await on The Green Invasion, set to hit The DJBooth as a free, exclusive stream Monday, July 15, in anticipation of its release the following Tuesday.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Show Stoppa" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!