As many have noted, consumer capitalism has led to an excess of choices that aren’t really choices at all; if you don’t believe me, count the types of barbecue sauce on offer at your local supermarket, then count how many don’t contain high fructose corn syrup. That same pattern results in a music industry overstuffed with homogeneous artists—a state of affairs which BurntMD rails against on mixtape single Auschwitz. While it would be an understatement to call the title an overstatement, hardcore heads will undoubtedly appreciate the Brooklynite’s uncompromising rhyme style, as well as his determination to swim against the tide (“F**k makin’ money for club-bangin, shakin’ ass like a groupie.”). As the emcee commits to carving out his own lane, beatsmith Reef Ali serves up an appropriately gritty, sample-driven backdrop for his bars. Feeling it? More await on The Green Invasion, set to hit The DJBooth as a free, exclusive stream Monday, July 15, in anticipation of its release the following Tuesday.
Written by richard on 07/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Show Stoppa" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.