Travie McCoy wanted to be a Billionaire, but Houston rap legend and UGK alum Bun B won’t settle for just sitting alongside Oprah and Bill Gates, he wants to take it a notch further. Fueled by the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League’s usual lush array of piano keys and a prideful auto-tuned chorus from T-Pain (penned by Dion Promo), the Trill OG stands on his own as a self-made Trillionaire on the latest single from his forthcoming Trill O.G. If there is one thing Bun knows, it’s working a formula of hard hitting punchlines, proving the difference between real and fake: “Go ask the white boys, they say I’m totally tubular.” Put it like this, Bun sticks to his truths so much that he’ll ride with a shotgun while taking his lady out to spend some of his trillions. To top off the entire trill notion, Teddy Pain reads Port Arthur’s own The Oath of Trill, “Do you swear to keep it gangsta?” In other words, its about keeping it real. With another well crafted track, Bun’s current momentum shouldn’t slouch as the legend gears up to explain why he’s a Trill O.G. on August 3.
Written by Brando on 06/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Don't Wanna Play ft. Bun B & Bad Seed" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.