Travie McCoy wanted to be a Billionaire, but Houston rap legend and UGK alum Bun B won’t settle for just sitting alongside Oprah and Bill Gates, he wants to take it a notch further. Fueled by the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League’s usual lush array of piano keys and a prideful auto-tuned chorus from T-Pain (penned by Dion Promo), the Trill OG stands on his own as a self-made Trillionaire on the latest single from his forthcoming Trill O.G. If there is one thing Bun knows, it’s working a formula of hard hitting punchlines, proving the difference between real and fake: “Go ask the white boys, they say I’m totally tubular.” Put it like this, Bun sticks to his truths so much that he’ll ride with a shotgun while taking his lady out to spend some of his trillions. To top off the entire trill notion, Teddy Pain reads Port Arthur’s own The Oath of Trill, “Do you swear to keep it gangsta?” In other words, its about keeping it real. With another well crafted track, Bun’s current momentum shouldn’t slouch as the legend gears up to explain why he’s a Trill O.G. on August 3.
Written by Brando on 06/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Don't Wanna Play ft. Bun B & Bad Seed" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.