Travie McCoy wanted to be a Billionaire, but Houston rap legend and UGK alum Bun B won’t settle for just sitting alongside Oprah and Bill Gates, he wants to take it a notch further. Fueled by the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League’s usual lush array of piano keys and a prideful auto-tuned chorus from T-Pain (penned by Dion Promo), the Trill OG stands on his own as a self-made Trillionaire on the latest single from his forthcoming Trill O.G. If there is one thing Bun knows, it’s working a formula of hard hitting punchlines, proving the difference between real and fake: “Go ask the white boys, they say I’m totally tubular.” Put it like this, Bun sticks to his truths so much that he’ll ride with a shotgun while taking his lady out to spend some of his trillions. To top off the entire trill notion, Teddy Pain reads Port Arthur’s own The Oath of Trill, “Do you swear to keep it gangsta?” In other words, its about keeping it real. With another well crafted track, Bun’s current momentum shouldn’t slouch as the legend gears up to explain why he’s a Trill O.G. on August 3.
Written by Brando on 06/27/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Don't Wanna Play ft. Bun B & Bad Seed" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.