Held each year by energy drink giants Red Bull, the Big Tune Contest finds up-and-coming producers from across the nation vying for the grand prize: a chance to record with the artist of their choice. 2010’s victor, 14KT, selected Bun B to spit over his winning production—newly-released promo single The Life is the result. Here, the up-and-coming beatsmith’s swirling synths set the stage for a characteristically booming street chronicle from the UGK lifer. If you like what you’re hearing, you can click here for a behind-the-scenes look at the record’s creation—and, of course, keep it locked to the Booth for the latest from both Bun and 14KT.
Written by richard on 11/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Don't Wanna Play ft. Bun B & Bad Seed" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.