Lost in all the commotion that was Kanye West’s arrival to Twitter was Bun B using his new Twitter account to actually promote his upcoming Trill O.G., which drops on Tuesday. One of the major tracks he let loose to the public was Put It Down, a new cut with worldwide favorite Drake that extends their collaborative streak from Drizzy’s breakthrough So Far Gone mixtape. With most collaborations you expect artists to sound forced as they try to meet high expectations - not these two. Over some thumping organ work by Boi-1da sprinkled between an instantly catchy chorus from Young Money’s own, Drake and Bun express both their past accomplishments; Bun letting folks know he’s done everything except walk on water and Drake taking the Birdman approach, not only driving home the N-word but reminding the world Thank Me Later has gone platinum. Some have called these two the second incarnation of UGK, but it’s still far too early for such lofty praise. Regardless, make sure you take your time to pick up Trill O.G. on August 3, and check for the DJ Booth review of the album, coming Monday.
Written by Brando on 08/1/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Don't Wanna Play ft. Bun B & Bad Seed" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.