Lost in all the commotion that was Kanye West’s arrival to Twitter was Bun B using his new Twitter account to actually promote his upcoming Trill O.G., which drops on Tuesday. One of the major tracks he let loose to the public was Put It Down, a new cut with worldwide favorite Drake that extends their collaborative streak from Drizzy’s breakthrough So Far Gone mixtape. With most collaborations you expect artists to sound forced as they try to meet high expectations - not these two. Over some thumping organ work by Boi-1da sprinkled between an instantly catchy chorus from Young Money’s own, Drake and Bun express both their past accomplishments; Bun letting folks know he’s done everything except walk on water and Drake taking the Birdman approach, not only driving home the N-word but reminding the world Thank Me Later has gone platinum. Some have called these two the second incarnation of UGK, but it’s still far too early for such lofty praise. Regardless, make sure you take your time to pick up Trill O.G. on August 3, and check for the DJ Booth review of the album, coming Monday.
Written by Brando on 08/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Don't Wanna Play ft. Bun B & Bad Seed" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)