There’s a reason why all the most popular sayings are short—I mean, besides the fact that a paragraph-long adage would be difficult to remember, let alone repeat accurately: the best advice is often the simplest. Take, for example, the pearl of wisdom Bun B, Colin Munroe, and Talib Kweli impart to listeners on this new track: “Don’t Die.” Whatever your beliefs on life and the hereafter, it’s a good rule of thumb—and when you find yourself in a place Where the Streets Have No Name, there’s no such thing as “too careful.” On the final leak off K-Salaam & Beatnick‘s hotly-anticipated mixtape, the Booth-approved production duo’s combo of funk guitar riffs and glittering synth arpeggios sets the stage for some sage meditations on life (and death) in the streets. Both Bun B and Talib come as hard as usual here, the former opening the track with some sobering thoughts on our current recession and the latter advising those who’d like to keep breathing to uphold the streets’ code of silence, and Munroe uses his trademark vocal filters to unconventionally catchy effect on the hook. Those digging this bracing cut can find plenty more words to live by on WtSHNN, set to drop on the 28th.
Written by richard on 07/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Don't Wanna Play ft. Bun B & Bad Seed" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.