When Bun B is involved with a cut, you just know it’s gonna be straight Fire. The newly-released lead single off his fourth solo album is, of course, no exception to the rule. Here, Blackout Movement‘s ominous, string-laced street boardwork backs the UGK alumnus as he turns up the heat on his rivals in the rap game. In addition to Bun’s own scorching bars, the record boasts white-hot guest 16s from Def Jam hitmaker 2 Chainz and MMG capo Rick Ross. (Unfortunately, the latter’s appearance serves to emphasize the beat’s resemblance to J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League‘s I’m Not a Star production.) Kingston, Jamaica’s Serani lends a touch of dancehall flavor to the record’s hook. If this whip-ready single’s left your speakers sizzling, you can watch our pages for more fresh records leading up to the November 12, release of Bun B’s currently-untitled senior set.
Written by richard on 09/11/13
Houston veteran Bun B has unleashed his senior set, Trill O.G. "The Epilogue", via Rap-A-Lot Records. The follow-up to 2010's Trill O.G., the set packs 14 tracks' worth of new material from the UGK vet, including...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Don't Wanna Play ft. Bun B & Bad Seed" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.