For sneaker heads who liken their kick game to that of Christiano Ronaldo, I am sure many of you will be camping out in line to scoop up all of the shoes in Jordan’s new XX8 Days of Flight line. If you are one of a lucky few to purchase the prized possession on the eve of their release, you’ll most likely need a suit of armor to prevent poachers from stealing your kicks the moment you step out of the store. In addition, you’ll need some music to act as a soundtrack to your experience. While Bun B and Big K.R.I.T. can’t provide protection, they certainly can help speed up the wait with their Jordan inspired collab Check The Sign. A swangin’ K.R.I.T-produced beat backs the Southern ambassadors, who share their love affair with the legendary kicks; Bun matching his Jordans to the Candy-paint of his car and K.R.I.T preparing his shoes for a concert stage dive. Check The Sign is not a part of a larger release, but if fans still need more southern sizzle, we’d like to refer you to Krizzle’s, 9th Wonder-produced Reign On.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/15/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Don't Wanna Play ft. Bun B & Bad Seed" (2007)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.