For sneaker heads who liken their kick game to that of Christiano Ronaldo, I am sure many of you will be camping out in line to scoop up all of the shoes in Jordan’s new XX8 Days of Flight line. If you are one of a lucky few to purchase the prized possession on the eve of their release, you’ll most likely need a suit of armor to prevent poachers from stealing your kicks the moment you step out of the store. In addition, you’ll need some music to act as a soundtrack to your experience. While Bun B and Big K.R.I.T. can’t provide protection, they certainly can help speed up the wait with their Jordan inspired collab Check The Sign. A swangin’ K.R.I.T-produced beat backs the Southern ambassadors, who share their love affair with the legendary kicks; Bun matching his Jordans to the Candy-paint of his car and K.R.I.T preparing his shoes for a concert stage dive. Check The Sign is not a part of a larger release, but if fans still need more southern sizzle, we’d like to refer you to Krizzle’s, 9th Wonder-produced Reign On.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/15/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Don't Wanna Play ft. Bun B & Bad Seed" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)