On Bullet‘s last feature, Fortune Teller, the Chi-town emcee showcased his musical versatility by foregoing the space-age, dancefloor-packing formula he’d established with the help of Slot A in favor of a more old-school, lyrically-driven feel. Fresh off that surprising but definitely dope change of pace, our favorite Jabbawockee devotee has rejoined forces with his frequent production partner to move bodies once again, this time with a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Ready to Take It To The Top, the self-proclaimed Martian backs his out-of-this-world-braggadocio with appropriately unhinged wordplay, blazing past the haters on his way to pick up a few of those notoriously easy Earth girls. Serving up his trademark mix of bass-heavy percussion and skittering synths, Slot A keeps things a little more subdued than usual, allowing Bullet’s rhymes to remain front-and-center. Take It To The Top is set for inclusion on the Mr. Robotic EP, due out sometime this year.
Written by richard on 03/31/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.