On Bullet‘s last feature, Fortune Teller, the Chi-town emcee showcased his musical versatility by foregoing the space-age, dancefloor-packing formula he’d established with the help of Slot A in favor of a more old-school, lyrically-driven feel. Fresh off that surprising but definitely dope change of pace, our favorite Jabbawockee devotee has rejoined forces with his frequent production partner to move bodies once again, this time with a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Ready to Take It To The Top, the self-proclaimed Martian backs his out-of-this-world-braggadocio with appropriately unhinged wordplay, blazing past the haters on his way to pick up a few of those notoriously easy Earth girls. Serving up his trademark mix of bass-heavy percussion and skittering synths, Slot A keeps things a little more subdued than usual, allowing Bullet’s rhymes to remain front-and-center. Take It To The Top is set for inclusion on the Mr. Robotic EP, due out sometime this year.
Written by richard on 03/31/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)