On Bullet‘s last feature, Fortune Teller, the Chi-town emcee showcased his musical versatility by foregoing the space-age, dancefloor-packing formula he’d established with the help of Slot A in favor of a more old-school, lyrically-driven feel. Fresh off that surprising but definitely dope change of pace, our favorite Jabbawockee devotee has rejoined forces with his frequent production partner to move bodies once again, this time with a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Ready to Take It To The Top, the self-proclaimed Martian backs his out-of-this-world-braggadocio with appropriately unhinged wordplay, blazing past the haters on his way to pick up a few of those notoriously easy Earth girls. Serving up his trademark mix of bass-heavy percussion and skittering synths, Slot A keeps things a little more subdued than usual, allowing Bullet’s rhymes to remain front-and-center. Take It To The Top is set for inclusion on the Mr. Robotic EP, due out sometime this year.
Written by richard on 03/31/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)