Remember Bullet‘s Supersonic (Pt. 1), the high-octane Lost Jabbawockee single we featured back in December of ‘08? Well, his latest record, previously-unreleased cut Shake Yo Body (Jabbawockeez Dance) finds him once again working with Supersonic producer Slot A, and the results are similar. That’s not to say the record’s unoriginal (it’s definitely not) but its got the same futuristic feel, rapid-fire rhymes, and absolutely insane energy that made the previously-featured cut club dynamite. Bullet may not be the first emcee to claim to be a Martian (in fact, he’s probably the fourth or fifth – that I’ve heard), but his hyperkinetic flow once again shines over Slot A’s relentless synth assault, making Shake Yo Body another compulsively danceable record from the Chi-town emcee. Watch for a behind-the-scenes video of the making of this cut in a future blog post, as well as Bullet’s contribution to our exclusive freestyle series later this month.
Written by richard on 02/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.